Saturday, January 19, 2013

New House and Update (finally)!

I know it has been a looooong time since I posted, but I am getting back on the horse.   Last year, we were inspired by our garden-savvy friend to buy a house, so we went through an extremely rigorous process of selecting and purchasing a home.

One of the first things I did after getting the keys to the house is setting up my garden spaces.

One of the great things about our new house are two cherry trees.

I will add more about my new configuration in the near future, but first I will summarize my results from last year:

Our indoor garden did horribly.  It produced about a quart of green beans, ten flavorless tomatoes, and  two cucumbers.

However, our church garden did great!  It produced a ton of tomatoes, several pumpkins, and rosemary bushes.

Onions

Tomatoes

Peppers

Some of last fall's harvest.


Check out the overflowing tomato plants!

Zucchini!  How exciting!


A pumpkin pie that Brooke made from some of our home-grown pumpkins.


Pumpkins from our garden.

Ok, so look forward to more information about my new setup and my plans for it.  I also want to talk about canning, stonemasonary, and greenhouses!

No comments:

Post a Comment