Thursday, February 16, 2012

Seedlings

More of my Seedlings

Its great to watch seeds grow into young plants.

The peat pots (cucumber plants) dry out quickly.  I have been watering them on a daily basis.  The true leaves continue to unfurl and collect sunlight.

I think the basil sprouts are growing true leaves (the little green things on the sides of the larger leaves.  I think we will transplant them tomorrow.  I was told not to expose the plant roots to sunlight during the transplant process.



Roma tomato sprouts.



Our second attempt at germinating hillbilly tomato sprouts ended in success!!  These sprouts popped up after only three days of germination.  The other hillbilly sprouts never popped up.  I think the amount of heat is key for germinating these plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment